The Art of Healing...One in Five

Well my friends,
I am one of ten artist province wide chosen for the upcoming 1 in 5 exhibition in Victoria, in October.
I have worked for years to come to this point,it seems surreal.The show will be a professional curated show,which will bring awareness of the stigma and myths surrounding mental illness.
I wish to thank the many people who have supported me and the art of healing that is my medicine.
I am so nervous,self doubt creeps into my pyche. It is with a joyous heart that I share this,be well my friends.

http://victoriafineartfestival.org/wp/call-for-artists-who-live-with-mental-illness

The Victoria Fine Art Festival is seeking artists for its October exhibition, One in Five, an exhibition of artwork by people who live with mental illness.
Exhibition dates:  October 1 – 30, 2010 in downtown Victoria, BC
The purpose of this exhibit is to educate our community on the mental illness stigma that many of the artists live with and help inform the general public about the many faces of mental illness through the presentation of a professional, curated, visual art exhibition.
One in Five is an important exhibition that will bring attention to the fact that 1 in 5 Canadians will be affected by mental illness in their lifetime. With a statistic this high and the stigma surrounding mental illness being so strong, this exhibition will be a vital tool in lessening the mystery and fear people have around this very prevalent issue in our community.

Comments

Popular Posts