Heaven and Hell by Wallace Malay

February 9, 2007

Tell me there’s a heaven, a state of grace where I can learn to be still. A place where warmth and beauty are an abundance from within. A healing that leaves no scar, where I can breathe. A thousand pieces found and a place for each. To see that which is unveiled to the innocent, no shame or need to hide my tears. To silence the screams, no need to whisper, no more demons in my head.
Tell me there’s a hell no more, the grinding of hate, anger, fear and loathing shattered and but a brief thought that passes my dreams. To grieve that lost and put to rest my past, a faded glimpse of madness.
Oh I know madness well, a bedfellow who sneers and beckons me in both the darkness and the light. Days turn to years of walking hand in hand with a secret that gnaws at my core. To let loose the secret, a taboo that would bring certain death, his voice and breath wafts passed my nostrils. I sleep with eyes wide open, the sound of my own hair growing a white noise that intensifies, with a heat that sears all.
The heaviness of a childhood secret that lingers in the shadows of those days of innocence lost. A blindness that brings about the horror, the pain, those things that cannot be described.
Tell me there’s a heaven, a thousand beautiful songs, a thousand beautiful things, your shining face in the crowd. The words blend into my unquiet mind and the stillness begins.

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed this post. It is profoundly sad; yet hopeful.

    D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts